The goal of all therapy and coaching is to learn how to take the best care of yourself possible in a world that’s sometimes unfair. Integral to your self-care is the generativity you offer to the world around you, most especially to the people you love and to the core values that define you.
I have over 27 years’ experience, offering Individual, Couples and Family Therapy in my private independent, Manhattan practice. My services are also fully available through Virtual Sessions and can be accessed from anywhere in the world.
I work with highly reactive individuals and couples on anxiety, depression, bereavement, substance overuse problems and alternative lifestyle issues. I trained for 5 years as a Clinical Associate at The Ackerman Institute working with emotionally reactive couples on containment, more effective communications, boundary setting and celebrating solutions.
I provide professional and personal coaching and I’m a fierce advocate of sexual, race and age diversity and equality. I’m committed to making the workplace friendly, empowering and productive.
In addition, I’ve been the Director of RWJBarnabas Health Employee Assistance Program for over 25 years, creating and overseeing psychotherapy, stress management and professional development services to over 34,000 employees.
Finally, I’m an independent filmmaker: My short films have won screenwriting awards and are official selections in many independent film festivals. I recently created the stress management video series, “The Calm Collection” for the RWJBarnabas Health Care System.
Licenses and Degrees
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) in New York State
- Board Certified Diplomate (BCD) in Social Work from NASW
- Masters from Silberman School of Social Work – Hunter College
- Three-Year Postgraduate Certificate in Couple’s and Family Training
from Ackerman Institute for the Family
- Five-Year clinical study at Ackerman Institute as a Clinical Research
Associate treating highly reactive couples
- Ten years of Private Practice Supervision in Psychodynamic Psychotherapy
- One-Year Postgraduate Certificate from the Institute for Behavioral Therapy
- 5-Year Clinical Research Associate, Special Projects, Ackerman Institute
- New Jersey Society of Health-System Pharmacists 2020 Advancing Pharmacy Practice Excellence (APPEX) Award
Jun 1993 — Present
New York, NY
Included here are some of areas I can help you with:
- Individual, Couples and Family Therapy
- Executive and Life Coaching
- Resolving Trauma and loss
- Building Intimate Relationships
- Depression and Anxiety Disorders
- Artistic and Creativity Struggles
- Substance Overuse and Compulsion Problems
Mar 1995 — Present
RWJ Barnabas Health
Greater New York Area
Administrative Director, Business & Clinical Operations One Source EAP Services: A workplace problem solving company
I oversee and deliver all services and programs, including:
- Psychological Counseling Services
- 1-800-300-0628, Central Access Call Center
- Face-to-Face or Video Therapy Sessions
- Workplace Crisis/Urgent Need Services
- Critical Incident Stress Debriefing Services
- Consultation Services with Departments and Managers
- Supervisory Referral/Employee Health Referral Services
- Reasonable Suspicion Services for a Drug-free Workplace
- Professional Coaching Services for Medical Leadership
- Professional Development and Leadership Coaching Services
- Employee Health and Wellness Seminar Services
- The Calm Collection Stress Management Short Videos Series
- Posting on RWJBH Social Media and System News